Are Your Emotions Ruling Your Decisions?
I have been in Real Estate my whole adult life but took a full time opportunity in June of last year with Women of Faith. In January I was let go along with so many others, a change in ownership. It was such an amazing experience, one I will cherish for a lifetime.
Now I find myself at a cross road, which direction should I go Lord? It’s a vague place, a place I don’t do well in. My personality needs to know what is next, point me the way I should go and I’ll go! Or will I?
I have had many opportunities come my way, but non of them seem like the right fit. Hanging onto the things I love to do, the things that don’t bring a paycheck in hopes that the Lord would bring that piece somehow somewhere.
I’m trying to be very careful and intentional with what I say yes to. A yes here means a no somewhere else, my fear is the somewhere else would be a ministry my heart loves.
I wonder what fears you have that stop you from saying yes to opportunities that come your way? What emotions surface that become the basis of your decisions.
Sunday we had the most amazing service, ‘When Life Throws You A Curve Ball.’ Our Pastor used the story in Daniel 3 of the 3 guys thrown in the fiery furnace. My hand hurt from all the notes I took…
- Do the right thing, not the easy thing.
- What do I want to be true of me after the dust settles
- When the heat is on, remember I am being watched
- No harm will come to me, I might get hurt but God says no harm will come. (harm is permanent, hurt is temporary)
- My emotions will lie to me – Don’t be afraid, just face it!
- Make the choice to keep swinging!
I found myself slumped over the altar after this message, surrendering this season to Him with tears streaming down my face. The poor guy who had his hand on me when I stood up must have caught quite the sight, raccoon eyes for sure!
A great devotional I received today was about God’s Promises, do we believe they are true for us? This devotional challenges you to list 3 promises that God has fulfilled in your life.
My most precious ones are:
- Jeremiah 29:11-14 For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord, plans to give you a hope and not harm you…when you call on me with all your heart you will be found by me.
- Isaiah 41:10 Do not fear, do not be dismayed for i am your God, I will strengthen you, help you and uphold you!
- Joel 2:25-27 I will repay you for the years the locust has eaten…you will have plenty to eat…you will never again be shamed.
- Proverbs 3: 5 & 6 Trust in the Lord, Do NOT lean on your own understanding, submit to Him and He will make your paths straight.
I am choosing to believe His truth over my emotions, what about you?
Thank you Jesus for fulfilling these promises in my life, Thank you for this priceless reminder today.
What season are you in right now?
What is a promise He has fulfilled for you that you can stand on?